Citizens of Switzerland are allowed to visit Malawi with a visa. To obtain a visa, most people go to the embassy or consulate. To make it easier to get a visa, the Malawi Immigration Department released the e-Visa program in November 2019.
This new online visa program allows foreign nationals to get an e-Visa online. Using this process frees up a lot of time and effort planning a trip.
The Malawi e-Visa Process | Frequently Asked Questions
e-Visa Travel Allowance Per Visa
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Do I have to have a visa to go to Malawi?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. So yes, it is necessary if you are a foreign citizen of Switzerland.
Choosing a Processing Speed for Your Application
We offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What will the e-Visa for Malawi look like digitally?
All necessary information will be on your visa including a picture of you and a barcode and QR code for official scanning purposes.
Malawi e-Visa Application: What You Need to Apply and Enter the Country
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of getting yellow fever.
- Payment Information - We will need to process your application with a PayPal secure account or a valid credit/debit card.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
What is the number of entries into Malawi that I get with the e-Visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
How much will the e-Visa cost?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
When will my visa expire?
As a Swiss citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Switzerland
Those from Switzerland will be happy to have an online source for Malawi e-Visas. Whether for business or travel, be sure to have your visa documents ready for your trip.
iVisa can help. Chat with one of our specialists if you have any issues with the online application form for Malawi e-Visas.