The Malawi Immigration Department released the e-Visa program in 2019. The e-Visa program was designed to help foreign nationals get a visa easier without having to go to a consulate or embassy. That makes traveling to Malawi easier than ever for citizens of Taiwan.
Enjoy the diverse cultures of Malawi as well as Lake Malawi, the feature of this wonderful republic. You can apply for an e-Visa for Malawi online, whether it is for business or for tourism.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
What type of information do I need to provide on the application?
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of getting yellow fever.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Payment Method - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
The Malawi e-Visa: Why it is Necessary to Have One
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. Your e-Visa will be electronically attached to your passport as well. Without it, you will not be able to enter the country.
Be careful planning your dates and your visa expiry together. As a Taiwanese citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Visa Processing: Speed Choices
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 Business Days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 Business Days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 Business Days to get a visa in your email.
What type of entry limitations does an e-Visa have?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
Total Costs for an e-Visa Online
The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Do you have an example of a Malawi e-Visa?
Below is a sample of a Malawi e-Visa that you would receive in your email inbox.
Maximum Amount of Time Allowed
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore or do business in Malawi.
Taiwan Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
Malawi is a wonderful country for visiting and exploring. If you want to go, get a visa online to help you expedite the travel planning.
The Warm Heart of Africa is waiting to greet you. Get your e-Visa for Malawi today.