Malawi is known for its diverse cultures and its biggest body of water, Lake Malawi, where events happen all the time. Citizens from the Marshall Islands are allowed to visit Malawi with a visa. To obtain a visa, most people go to the embassy. To make it easier to get a visa, the Malawi Immigration Department released the e-Visa program since November 2019.
This new online visa program allows foreign nationals to get an e-Visa online. Using this process saves a lot of time and effort planning a trip.
The Malawi e-Visa Process | Frequently Asked Questions
e-Visa Prices with Processing fee
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Expiration Date of a Malawi e-Visa for Business or Tourism
As a Marshall Islands resident, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the Malawi visa? Why do I need it?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. The e-Visa is also electronically linked to your personal passport.
Entry Class for the Visa
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back into Malawi.
When do I have to leave Malawi?
The maximum stay with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
Necessary Personal Information for Application and Entry
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of yellow fever.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date of your trip and a bio page scan from your passport.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and credit/debit cards.
Processing Speed Choices
We offer three different processing speeds. Choose one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Is it necessary to print out my e-Visa?
Check your email. That’s where we will send your e-Visa once it is processed. You may use this digital version as an official document to enter Malawi. Also, e-Visas are linked to your passport electronically.
If you would like to, it can be a good idea to print. Cell phone batteries lose power and mistakes happen.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of the Marshall Islands
Those from the Marshall Islands can now be happy to have an online source for Malawi e-Visas. Whether for business or travel, be sure to have your visa documents ready for your trip.
iVisa can help. Chat with one of our specialists if you have any issues with the online application form for Malawi e-Visas.