Malawi e-Visa for Citizens of the Philippines

Malawi e-Visa for Citizens of the Philippines

iVisa | Updated on Feb 04, 2020

In November 2019, Malawi launched its new online visa program. Residents from over 200 countries, including the Philippines, have access to the e-Visa. Apply online, and receive a Malawi e-Visa upon approval.

This is a time saving and easy way to plan your trip to Malawi. Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is a simple, secure process that should only take you a few minutes to finish after you’ve gathered the appropriate documents for uploading.


Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa

Malawi e-Visa Sample Picture

What is the Malawi e-Visa?

The Malawi e-Visa is a digital document that you can present to customs officials while traveling; it contains your travel information such as your visa and important information from your passport.

Although digital documents such as e-Visas are very useful and make life easier, it is smart to carry a printout of both your visa and your passport.

How long will it take to process a Malawi e-Visa?

  • Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
  • Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
  • Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for your travel documents.

What will the total cost for the e-Visa be?

The cost of applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection and how fast you need your visa:

  • Standard: With Standard Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 77.00.
  • Rush: With Rush Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 102.00.
  • Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 127.00.

When will my e-Visa expire?

You’ll have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.

What will I need to apply for a Malawi e-Visa?

You’ll need to have the following items at hand to apply for an e-Visa:

  • Applicant Photo - Please have an appropriate passport photo ready to submit for your visa. The same guidelines that applied to your passport photo apply to the photo needed for your visa.
  • Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you will need proof of your vaccination for yellow fever.
  • Passport Personal Details Scan - The bio page of your passport will need to be scanned and submitted with your application, and must be valid for the duration of your stay in Malawi.
  • Proof of Accommodation - Please provide proof of where you will be staying in Malawi, and the details surrounding your accommodations.

Will I need to get separate visas for my children to enter Malawi with me?

Yes. Each minor child that accompanies you will need to apply for a visa. You will need the following documents to apply for your children’s visas:

  • Child’s Birth Certificate - You must provide a legal birth certificate for all children you are applying for.
  • Scan of Legal Guardian’s Passport - a scan of your personal passport information page
  • Minor Travel Consent Letter - A letter that states that you are the parent/custodian of the child/children. Free minor travel consent forms can be easily found online.

Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of the Philippines

By filling out an e-Visa application online, travel abroad has never been easier. It is a good idea to have a paper copy of your visa with you at all times, in case you have an issue with your electronic device (i.e. dead battery).

Although it is extremely unlikely that any concerns or delays in travel will arise with your approved e-Visa, it should be pointed out that an approved visa does not guarantee an automatic right of entry to the holder. The Malawian Government reserves the right to interview the holder at the port of entry and may refuse any visa holder entry.

If you have any concerns or questions, please click anytime on the chat bubble in the lower right corner to speak live to a representative.

Share this article on:
Need Help?