The Malawi Department of Immigration has recently unveiled the new electronic visa program in November 2019. Residents from more than 200 countries including Russian Federation have now access to the convenient e-Visa. Easily accessed from any smart device, you can now apply ahead of time online.
Upon application approval, we will provide you a digital Malawi e-Visa that can be accessed via your smart device and functions as a paper visa. Obtaining your e-Visa for Malawi is secure, easy, and can be entirely completed online in less than an hour.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is an online document that allows you to enter Malawi legally with your smartphone or other device, and is electronically linked to your personal passport - replacing the old method of submitting forms by mail or in person.
How long does it take to process a Malawi e-Visa?
The processing time depends on how quickly you need to obtain a visa. We offer three levels of expedition:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing processes in about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for legal travel to Malawi.
How many entries am I allowed into Malawi?
The e-Visa for Malawi you will apply for is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of the Russian Federation, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
How long can visit Malawi with this visa?
You must plan to leave Malawi before the day your e-Visa expires. The maximum time you can visit Malawi with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
How much does an e-Visa to Malawi cost?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed.
- Standard: With Standard Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and the cost of your visa, the total is USD 127.00.
e-Visa Necessary Documentation
- Applicant Photo - A recent digital image of you that meets standard passport guidelines.
- An image of Your Passport Bio - Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you want to travel to Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - Written details of your accommodations.
- Vaccination Certificate - If you have been exposed to yellow fever, you need proof of immunization
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of the Russian Federation
When you want to go to Malawi, there is no need to go to a foreign embassy with cumbersome paperwork. Instead, filling out an e-Visa application online can be done quickly and easily online, prior to your trip.
Even though there are many languages spoken in Africa, English is the official language in many African countries, including Malawi. With that being said, try not to rely on English solely and make sure to learn some key phrases in native languages. The locals will appreciate the effort and you might just have a much richer experience for it.
Have any questions for us? Click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime to talk to a representative who are available 24/7.