The Malawi Immigration Department released the e-Visa program in 2019. The e-Visa program was designed to help foreign nationals get a visa easier without having to go to a consulate or embassy. That makes traveling to Malawi easier than ever for citizens of the Syrian Arab Republic.
Enjoy the diverse cultures of Malawi as well as Lake Malawi, the feature of this wonderful republic. You can apply for an e-Visa for Malawi online, whether it is for business or for tourism.
The Malawi e-Visa Process | Frequently Asked Questions
The Malawi e-Visa: Why You Need One
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally. Your e-Visa will be electronically attached to your passport as well. Without it, you will not be able to enter the country.
Online Application Processing Speeds
We offer three different visa application processing speeds. Select one based on how fast you want your e-Visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 Business Days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 Business Days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 Business Days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What will my e-Visa look like?
Your e-Visa contains your personal information, your travel information, a QR code for scanning at the Malawi border, and a bar code for security. See sample below:
Does obtaining an e-Visa guarantee me entry into Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
What’s the maximum number of days I have to stay in Malawi with an e-Visa?
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore or do business in Malawi.
Application Information Needed and What to Have for Entry into Malawi
You will need to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Passport Personal Details Scan - 6 months of validity from your entry date for your trip and a detail bio page scan from your passport for application.
- Applicant Photo - Please, have a passport photo ready to submit for your visa.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi officials if you have been in a country with a high risk of getting yellow fever.
- Proof of Accommodation - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Payment Method - We accept PayPal and major credit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
Single- or Double-Entry Visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas mean you can enter one time. If you exit, you will need another visa to get back to Malawi.
What will be the total cost for a visa with faster processing?
The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
Can my visa expire before I use it?
It can, so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Syrian Arab Republic citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of the Syrian Arab Republic
Malawi is a wonderful country for visiting and exploring. If you want to go, get a visa online to help you expedite the travel planning.
The Warm Heart of Africa is waiting to greet you. Get your e-Visa for Malawi today.