The nation of Malawi initiated an online e-Visa program since November 2019. Citizens from over 200 countries, including the U.S. Virgin Islands, may use the Malawian e-Visa. The application process is entirely completed online, and once approved, the e-Visa acts as a digital document for travel.
After your application approval, we will provide you with a digital Malawi e-Visa that can be accessed with any smart device for your upcoming holiday to one of Malawi’s many spectacular protected habitats and national parks and preserves.
This is an improved and safe new way to obtain a travel visa. Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is secure, legal, and easily processed online.
Travel in Africa can be an adventure in itself, and the security of an e-Visa is one less thing to fret about as you traverse the landscape on mopeds, rickshaws, steamboats, taxicabs, tuk tuks, or all of the above. Keeping your travel documents with you at all times is essential, whether sitting on a flight between cities or crammed like sardines into a minibus with two dozen people and a few heads of livestock. Always have a paper copy of your passport and your travel visas somewhere safe in case anything tragic happens to your smartphone or your handbag while you’re taking in the sights around you.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally with the ease of an electronic document that is stored on your phone or other smart device.
What information do I need to gather to apply for an e-Visa to visit Malawi?
Gather the following items, in digital format, to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo of Applicant - A standard passport photo, taken recently.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - a scan of the bio page of your passport. Make sure that your passport is valid from six months after the first day of your planned visit to Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - A digital copy of your hotel/lodging or host’s itinerary, including the details of your stay.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been exposed to yellow fever, you need to provide documentation of your immunization.
What will the e-Visa cost me?
THe total cost of applying for a visa online is based upon the processing speed you require:
- Standard: With Standard Processing (the standard wait time for a visa) and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00. (8 days)
- Rush: With Rush Processing (an expedited wait time for a visa) and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00. (7 days)
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing (the fastest way to obtain a visa) and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00. (5 days)
How long can I stay?
Every visa has a limit on how long you can stay in a foreign country. Be sure to plan your trip accordingly so you leave your host country before the last day that your visa is valid.
The maximum stay in Malawi is 30 days Per Entry.
How many entries am I allowed into Malawi?
This e-Visa is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a resident of the U.S. Virgin Islands, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of the U.S. Virgin Islands
When you want to travel to Malawi, filling out an e-Visa application online allows you to easily obtain the necessary visas you need for your holiday. Here are a few more useful travel tips for visiting Africa: Always, no matter what, travel during the day. For most mini bus fares, the price is negotiable. Do not expect the bus or van to keep a tight schedule. Late arrival times are a common thing with mass transportation.
If we can help answer any questions for you, click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime for live assistance which is available 24/7.