Tokelau residents can now get an electronic visa online for Malawi travel. To do so, you will need to fill out an online application. Then, we will issue your e-Visa to you by sending it to your email inbox. You can use it exactly like a regular visa.
This program began in November 2019 to help foreign citizens get a Malawi visa easier and from anywhere. The ability to apply online for an e-Visa saves the applicant time and effort.
The Malawi e-Visa | Answers for Common e-Visa Questions
If I have an e-Visa, does that automatically allow me entry to Malawi?
No one is guaranteed entry, even with a visa. If your presence in Malawi would affect national interests or security, then you may be asked to leave the country.
I am bringing my child. Do I need to present additional information for a visa?
Yes. Children will also need the following to apply and enter the country:
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page.
- Minor Consent Letter - You can find free templates for this form online. It states you are the parent/custodian of the child.
- Birth Certificate of Minor - Bring the birth certificate of your child with you if they are a minor.
How many times does the Malawi e-Visa allow me to enter the country?
With every visa, there are entry limits. The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
Single entry visas limit the holder to one entry through one port of entry. If you leave, you must purchase another visa to reenter Malawi.
Visa Application: Final Cost for the Visa
There are three options to choose from. The total cost for applying for a visa online changes based on your processing speed choice:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total cost is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your e-Visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
What day does my visa expire on?
Your visa will expire so make sure to plan your trip dates accordingly. As a Tokelau citizen, you will have up to 90 days after issued to take advantage of your visa before it ceases to be valid.
Processing Speed Choices - The Malawi e-Visa
You will need to select a processing speed for your visa application.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
The Maximum Stay in Malawi with an e-Visa
You will have a maximum of 30 days Per Entry to explore and hang out in Malawi.
What documents do you need information from for the application?
It is best to have the following ready to apply for an e-Visa, which will speed up your process:
- Passport Photo - It is best to have a colored passport photo to use.
- Passport Bio Page Scan - The personal information page at the beginning of your passport must be presented with your application. You can scan it and upload it.
- Payment Type - PayPal or a credit card will work.
- Proof of Lodging - Show you have a place to stay while in Malawi.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - You must show a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Malawi customs if traveling from a high-risk country.
Tokelau Citizens | Obtain a Malawi e-Visa Today
For Tokelau travelers, it’s important to have the proper visa for Malawi. Ensure that your documents are in order by using iVisa’s easy to use online application process.
We hope you have a wonderful trip and be safe during your travel.