Since November 2019, the Immigration and Citizenship Department of Malawi launched its electronic visa program. Citizens from over 200 countries, including Tunisia, now have access to the e-Visa process, allowing for easy online application when applying for paperless travel visa. By moving your visa information into a digital format, it can be displayed on your smartphone screen (or any other portable smart device, such as a tablet) and used in the same manner as a paper visa.
Easily apply online prior to your trip, and choose from three levels of processing to fit your needs and your itinerary. Once your visa is approved, you will receive a Malawi e-Visa, which is a digital version of a traditional travel visa, and functions as a legal document to gain entry to Malawi for a specified amount of time.
Our online e-Visa service is a quick and easy way to plan your holiday to Malawi. Applying for and obtaining your e-Visa for Malawi is a simplified, secure process that should only take you a few minutes to complete after you have gathered the necessary documentation.
Common Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is a Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally with an electronic visa that is accessed through your smart device and presented to the appropriate immigration officials when you arrive in Malawi. The e-Visa is electronically linked to your personal passport’s bio page, and contains your basic information including an image of you. There is no need to travel to an immigration office to apply in person for a visa; this paperless and convenient way to travel internationally streamlines some everyday hassles of the airport and customs.
What is the processing time for a Malawi e-Visa?
We offer three levels of processing, depending on your personal timeline:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What will the e-Visa cost me?
The total cost of applying for a visa online is based upon the processing speed you select:
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
As a Malawi e-Visa holder, how many entrances into Malawi am I allowed with this visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
When does my e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of Tunisia, the e-Visa you are applying for allows for 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
How long can I stay as a visitor in Malawi with this e-Visa?
All foreign visas stipulate a time limit on how long you can visit a foreign country. In order to ensure that you do not have any delays with your return home, make sure to plan your trip accordingly so that you leave at least one day before the last day allowed before the expiration date of your Malawi e-Visa.
The maximum amount of time you can stay in Malawi with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
What paperwork and documents do I need to gather in order to apply online for a visa and travel to Malawi with ease?
You will need to have the following documents and items ready to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - Obtain a recently taken and appropriate passport photo to submit for your visa application. Please use the standard guidelines for a passport photo when submitting a photo for your e-Visa, which can be found on your government’s website along with other passport information.
- Scan of Passport Personal Details - The bio page of your passport will need to be scanned and a clear and legible copy of it submitted with your application. Your passport must not expire for at least six months from the day you intend to arrive in Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - Where are you planning to stay during your holiday? Have a reservation page or a letter from your friend or family host handy for the application process. If you are staying at a hotel, a reservation with your name visible, and the dates of your lodging, can be submitted. If staying with a host, He or she must provide you written documentation that includes the host’s contact information, the nature of your visit, and your host’s citizenship status.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have ever been in a country that posed a risk of yellow fever transmission to you, you will need to provide legal documentation to show that you have been administered the yellow fever vaccine, or get vaccinated for yellow fever and obtain written proof of vaccination.
Is it safe to apply for a visa online?
iVisa makes it a priority to comply with a rigid system of verification that safeguards the privacy of our customers and protects any sensitive personal information that has been collected to provide quality service in attaining your necessary documents for international travel. Please read through iVisa’s privacy policies by clicking this link.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Tunisia
When visiting Malawi, there is no need to go to the embassy or consulate to retrieve a visa. The e-Visa streamlines your travel. By filling out an e-Visa application online, taking your Malawi holiday has never been easier. We have taken away the hassle of carrying paperwork and optimized it to work on your laptop, your tablet, or your smartphone to make your travel time less stressful, and make trip planning more convenient by applying online prior to your holiday.
Do you have further questions? If so, feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime to speak to a representative of iVisa and clarify any questions or problems you might have.