In November 2019, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of Malawi released its e-visa program. Residents from over 200 countries, including Turkmenistan, may utilize the e-Visa process. From any smart device, you can apply quickly and easily online for an e-Visa. We will send you a digital version of your Malawi e-Visa to be easily used on your smart device once your application has been processed.
The e-Visa is a great way to save time when planning your trip abroad. Getting your e-Visa for Malawi takes only a few minutes, and is straightforward and easy to understand.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa electronically links to your own passport and allows you to enter Malawi legally and with the ease of a smart device.
What is the processing time for a Malawi e-Visa?
We will process your visa based upon your timeframe needs. There are three processing speeds available:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
Will the e-Visa eliminate the need for a paper visa entirely?
Although the e-Visa does technically eliminate the need for a paper visa, it is recommended that you have at least one copy of your visa printed out and on your person when traveling abroad, in the event of an issue with your smart device, such as: dead battery, lost or stolen smart device, or damaged smart device.
What is the total price of obtaining an e-Visa?
The total cost for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection:
- Standard: With Standard Processing plus your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing plus your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing plus your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How many entries into Malawi am I allowed as a Malawi visa holder?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of Turkmenistan, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Malawi with a visa?
Each visa has a limit on how long you can stay in your destination country. Make sure you schedule your trip so that you leave before the last day that your Malawi visa is valid.
The maximum time you can stay in Malawi with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
What forms and other items do I need in order to apply for an e-Visa to enter Malawi?
You will need to have the following items, in digital formats that can be uploaded online, available in order to apply for an e-Visa:
- A Digital Passport Photo - You will need a recent photo of yourself, appropriate for passport use: front-facing, with a light-colored or white background, in a natural pose, and if you wear glasses, your eyes must be clearly visible and without excessive glare.
- Passport Personal Details, Scanned - The bio page of your passport will be scanned and submitted with your application. It must have at least six months of valid time before expiration remaining from the day you intend to arrive in Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - Documentation of where you will be staying is needed. A printout of your hotel reservations, with your name and dates of arrival and departure clearly visible, or a signed letter from your host or host organization that details your dates of stay and the location of your accommodations is acceptable.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have ever been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you will need to provide proper documentation indicating that you have been administered the yellow fever vaccine.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Turkmenistan
If you want to go to Malawi, you do not have to go to the embassy or consulate for a visa. Getting your Malawi visa has never been simpler. By filling out an online e-Visa application, your e-Visa will be electronically connected to your personal passport, and can be quickly and easily accessed by any smart device for easy, intuitive travel abroad. We've designed it for your desktop, tablet or smartphone, to streamline your travel day and save you time and effort.
If you have any concerns, questions or problems, please click the bubble on the bottom right corner of the page to speak live with a helpful representative.