The Immigration Department of Malawi introduced its e-Visa program since November of 2019. Travel visa to Malawi can now be applied electronically.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa allows entry into Malawi with the use of electronic documents in the form of travel visa.
What is the processing time for a Malawi e-Visa?
Visa processing is markedly quicker since the introduction of electronic processing. Expedited processing is available for a nominal fee:
- Standard Processing takes approximately 8 days is the standard speed of document review.
- Rush Processing takes approximately 7 days to approve your visa application and is faster than standard processing time.
- Super Rush Processing takes approximately 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents. This is the quickest way to evaluate a visa request.
How much will this cost me?
Your e-Visa cost includes the standard fee for your Malawi travel visa, plus a processing fee, as outlined below:
- Standard: USD 77.00.
- Rush: USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: USD 127.00.
How often can I use this e-visa?
As a Uruguayan citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum time that I can legally remain in Malawi?
You must exit Malawi before the last day that your visa is valid. The maximum amount of time that you can spend in Malawi with an approved e-Visa is 30 days Per Entry.
What files do I need to provide with my e-Visa application?
The following items are required to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - You need a recent passport photo taken of you that meets standard requirements for a passport. Check the guidelines provided by your local passport office for obtaining an appropriate photo.
- A Clear Scan of Your Passport Bio - Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you want to travel to Malawi. You need a clear, readable scanned image of your passport bio page to submit electronically for visa approval.
- Proof of Accommodation -You need a legible, clear image of your hotel/lodging reservation, including your name and the dates of your stay in Malawi. If you’re staying with a friend or host, you need a written or typed page that details your host’s residence and their contact information, and the nature of your stay with them. Your Proof of Accommodation must be presented in electronic form (.jpg or similar file, which will be outlined in your submission process) to be submitted for examination and approval.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you need to provide a digital image of your vaccination record for yellow fever.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Uruguay
The new e-Visa method of applying for a travel visa eliminates time-consuming ways of applying to obtain a visa. By filling out an e-Visa application online you are able to keep your passport in your possession throughout the approval process and can do every part of the process electronically, which makes obtaining a visa a faster process than it has ever been before.
If you have any unanswered questions, please feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime. Representatives are available 24/7.