Since November of 2019, Malawi's Immigration and Citizenship Department launched its online electronic visa program. Residents from over 200 countries, including Vanuatu have access to the e-Visa and its online application process. Apply online quickly and easily, and once approved, we'll send you a digital Malawi e-Visa that functions identically to a paper travel visa.
Getting your e-Visa for Malawi is a simple, secure, and safe process that takes only a few minutes to complete.
Common Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa allows you to enter Malawi legally and is paperless. The e-Visa is electronically linked to your personal passport bio information.
What is the processing time for an e-Visa?
The processing time is dependent upon how fast you need your visa.
- Standard Processing normally takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes around 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for your travel documents.
What will this cost?
The total cost for applying for a visa online varies, based on your processing speed:
- Standard: With Standard Processing, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing, the total is USD 127.00.
How long will my e-Visa be valid?
As a citizen of Vanuatu, you will have 90 days after issued to use your e-Visa before it expires.
How long can I legally stay in Malawi?
You can stay until the visa’s date of expiration. Make sure that you exit Malawi prior to that expiration date. The maximum stay allowed in Malawi is 30 days Per Entry.
I am recently married and traveling to Malawi to join my new spouse, who is a citizen of Malawi. Do I need to obtain a visa to gain entry?
If you are married to a Malawi citizen but have not yet applied for citizenship, you will need to obtain a visa until you apply for a citizenship.
Which documents do I need to apply online for a Malawi e-Visa?
You will need to have digital files of the following important items:
- Recent Photo - Please submit a recent passport photo that meets ICAO guidelines for passport photos.
- Your Passport Bio Page
- Proof of Accommodation - Details about where you intend to stay on your trip.
- Proof of Vaccination (if applicable) - If you have been potentially exposed to yellow fever, you will need to provide documentation that you have been vaccinated
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Vanuatu
Malawi has a multitude of amazing natural wonders to experience. Lake Malawi, dubbed "Lake of Stars and Lake of Storms" by Dr. David Livingstone, is the world's fourth largest freshwater lake and boasts the world's most diverse lake fish population. For those interested in a safari, Malawi's national parks and wildlife preserves feature the Big Five safari animals, and is gaining a reputation as a top destination for birdwatching, as well as becoming increasingly popular for rock climbing enthusiasts, especially for bouldering.
Rolling acres of granite formations dot the landscape of this amazing natural treasure. If you are currently planning a visit to Malawi, an e-Visa eliminates many of the tedious aspects that used to make people dread applying for travel visas. Additionally, filling out an e-Visa application online is a simplified, low-hassle way to plan your upcoming African holiday.
Do you have any questions or concerns that we can help you with? Please allow us to try to address any problems you may have by clicking on the chat box in the lower right corner of the page, where you can speak with an e-Visa specialist who are available 24/7.