Since November 2019, the electronic visa program was released by Malawi. Travelers can now easily apply online for a Malawi e-Visa. Save time and stay organized with an e-Visa.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is an e-Visa? Do I need a paper visa when I travel to Malawi?
Although the e-Visa eliminates the need for a paper visa, it is wise to print a paper copy of your Malawi visa and your passport to carry with you in the event of any issues while abroad.
Is my personal information secure and private when I apply for a digital visa?
Yes. iVisa is vigilant and compliant with a rigid system of verification to ensure your privacy and the confidentiality of any sensitive personal information that we collect when providing you with your e-travel documents.
How long does it take to get an e-Visa?
The processing time depends on how quickly you need to obtain your visa.
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing processes in about 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for legal travel to Malawi.
How much does an e-Visa cost?
The cost for applying for a visa online is based on the processing fee and visa cost.
- Standard: total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: total is USD 127.00.
How many times can I enter Malawi with an e-Visa?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
When does this e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of Venezuela, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Malawi?
It is important to make sure that you plan your vacation so you leave Malawi before your e-Visa expires.
The maximum time you may stay in Malawi with this visa is 30 days Per Entry.
What do I need to do to visit Malawi?
You will need to have all of the following digital images to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - A recent photo of you that meets the same guidelines as a passport photo.
- Image of Passport Bio Page - A clear scan of the bio page of your current passport will need to be submitted electronically.
- Proof of Accommodation - You need to provide a clear and legible electronic image of your hotel reservations or host information.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you will need to provide documentation your vaccination.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
There is no need to go to a government building to get a visa to visit Malawi and enjoy the wonders of southeastern Africa. Whether you are visiting our wildlife preserves, our vast and beautiful beaches, exploring Malawi’s birdwatching and safari opportunities, or just coming to enjoy our unique and varied culture, it has never been easier to fill out an online e-Visa application and quickly and legally obtain a digital visa that can be used in the exact same way a standard visa is used to gain entry into Malawi. The Malawi e-Visa is convenient and easy to use.
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding the use or application for a Malawi e-Visa? Please click the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page to ask us any questions you might have anytime.