Since November 2019, Malawi launched its newly implemented electronic visa program. Residents from more than 200 countries have access to the convenient e-Visa. You can apply for a visa online. Your Malawi e-Visa can be accessed by any smart device.
It is advisable to also carry a paper copy of your e-Visa and of your passport in the event of loss or theft. The e-Visa program has revolutionized international travel. You can apply online for your Malawi e-Visa and never have to surrender your passport to any agency.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
Is applying for a digital iVisa online safe?
iVisa vigilantly adheres to a rigid system of verification to safeguard the privacy of any sensitive information that we collect, in order to provide you with quality, fast service. We never sell your information, and the private information you provide to complete your application for an e-Visa is kept confidential.
What is an e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is an electronic document that serves as a visa for travel into Malawi. It is an easy way to apply for your travel documents online.
Can I get one quickly?
We offer three processing options for your convenience:
- Standard Processing takes about 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes approximately 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes only about 5 days to approve your application.
What will the e-Visa cost me?
The price for applying for a visa online is based on your processing speed selection.
- Standard: With Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: With Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: With Super Rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How many entries into the country am I allowed as a Malawi visa holder?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
When will my e-Visa expire?
As a citizen of Wallis and Futuna, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What do I need to apply for an e-Visa to Malawi?
You will need digital copies of the following items to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - You need a file of a recent passport photo taken of you that meets standard requirements for a passport
- A Clear Scan of Your Passport Bio - Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the date you want to travel to Malawi. You need a clear, readable scanned image of your passport bio page to submit electronically for visa approval.
- Proof of Accommodation -You need a legible, clear image of your hotel/lodging reservation, including your name and the dates of your stay in Malawi. If you’re staying with a friend or host, you need a legible written or typed page that details your host’s residence and their contact information
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you need to provide a digital image of your vaccination record.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Wallis and Futuna
When planning your Malawi holiday abroad, antiquated methods of obtaining travel documents have been replaced with the electronic document. By filling out an e-Visa application online, you can do the entire process online.
Need any more tips for your upcoming African holiday? Here are a few basics to help you plan:
Africa is by no means a budget holiday – typically, a traveler's daily cost is much higher than in Asia or South America. Allow for about $100 USD per person, per day for housing, food and transportation. If you want to go on safari, plan on a lot more money per day than that.
The occasional problem can be avoided with planning and by keeping your eyes open to your surroundings at all times. Your Malawian vacation is just an e-Visa application away.
Do you have further questions? If so, feel free to click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner of the screen anytime and ask us for assistance.