Since November 2019, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of Malawi launched its e-Visa program. Residents from over 200 countries, including Turkey, have access to the e-Visa process, which simplifies and helps streamline international travel for visitors to Malawi. From any smart device, you can apply online for the paperless e-Visa. We will send you a digital version of your Malawi e-Visa once it has been fully processed.
When planning your trip abroad, the e-Visa is a great way to save time. Having your e-Visa for Malawi is a quick, safe process that should take just a few minutes after you have gathered the appropriate documents for the application. Using your visa abroad will be as easy as pulling out your smartphone.
Questions & Answers | The Malawi e-Visa
What is a Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-Visa is linked electronically to your personal passport; the e-Visa acts just like a paper visa, allowing you to legally enter Malawi.
How long will it take to process a Malawi e-Visa?
The processing time depends on which speed you select, based upon your personal needs:
- Standard Processing takes around 8 days to approve your application.
- Rush Processing takes 7 days to approve your visa application.
- Super Rush Processing takes about 5 days to approve the online application form for travel documents.
What will you charge me for an e-Visa?
The total cost of applying for a visa online depends on how quickly you need the visa processed:
- Standard: with Standard Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 77.00.
- Rush: with rush Processing and your visa cost, the total is USD 102.00.
- Super Rush: with Super Rush Processing added to your visa cost, the total is USD 127.00.
How many entries into Malawi am I permitted as a Malawi e-Visa holder?
The e-Visa for Malawi is a Single Entry visa.
How long will my visa be valid?
As a Turkish citizen, you will have 90 days after issued to use your visa before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can remain in Malawi with a visa?
Every visa has a limit on how long you can stay abroad. Make sure your travel dates are scheduled correctly so that you depart before the last day you are legally able to stay in Malawi.
The longest you may stay in Malawi with this specific visa is 30 days Per Entry.
What will I need to apply for a Malawi e-Visa?
You will need to have the following items at hand to apply for an e-Visa:
- Applicant Photo - Please have an appropriate passport photo ready to submit for your visa. The same guidelines that applied to your passport photo apply to the photo needed for your visa.
- Passport Personal Details Scan - The bio page of your passport will need to be scanned and submitted with your application. It must have six months of valid remaining time before it expires from the day you intend to arrive in Malawi.
- Proof of Accommodation - Please provide proof of where you will be staying in Malawi. If you are staying at a hotel or hostel, a dated printout of your reservation that includes the dates of your stay is needed. If you are boarding elsewhere, a signed letter from your host or host organization detailing the address at which you will be accommodated is acceptable.
- Vaccination Certificate (if applicable) - If you have been in a country that has a risk of yellow fever transmission, you will need proof of your vaccination for yellow fever. Please contact the clinician or agency at which you were vaccinated if you do not have any proof of vaccination.
Do I need to obtain separate visas for my children to enter Malawi with me?
Each individual child will need to apply for a visa. You will need the following items to apply for your children:
- Birth Certificate of Minor - You must provide a legal birth certificate for all children you are applying for. Certificates of Live Birth and photocopies are not legal birth certificates.
- Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan - You will need to provide a scan of your personal passport information page to apply for your child.
- Minor Consent Letter - A letter that states that you are the parent/custodian of the child/children. Free minor travel consent forms can be easily found online.
Simple e-Visa Process for Malawi | Citizens of Turkey
By filling out an e-Visa application online, travel abroad has never been easier. There is no need to go to an embassy or consulate to obtain a visa. We have optimized the e-Visa to work on your smart device, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Although it is a good idea to have a paper copy of your visa with you at all times, in case you have an issue with your electronic device (i.e. dead battery), the e-Visa essentially eliminates the need to present a paper visa to officials when traveling, by making it accessible on your device.
If you have any concerns or questions, please click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner to speak live to a representative.