The citizens of El Salvador who want to travel to Malawi do not have to go to the Malawian embassy to get a visa. That is because as a Salvadoran, you qualify for a Malawi eVisa, and you can apply online for it. iVisa can help you with the application process so that you can get the document you need with little to no effort. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa does not require much. Even so, you have to make sure that you have the following on hand:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Getting a Malawi eVisa is not a challenge. Once you meet all the requirements, you then have to fill in an application form. You will see that iVisa has divided the form into 2 simple steps. The first one requires general information about yourself and your trip, while the second consists of payment and revision. Once you go through both steps, you are free to submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest. Please keep in mind that if you need any help during the application process, iVisa's customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
That depends on the choice you make. During the first step of the application form, you will be asked to choose a processing speed for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
No. However, keep in mind that the cost of a Malawi eVisa depends entirely on the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want to get your travel document, the more you are going to be charged. The prices, which include service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The Malawi eVisa has a validity of 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
When you decide to obtain a Malawi eVisa, you are permitted to stay in Malawi for no more than 30 days Per Entry.