As an Eritrean who wishes to travel to Malawi for business or tourism purposes, you are no longer required to go to the Malawian embassy to get a visa or obtain a visa on arrival. That is because Malawi has adopted the electronic visa system, and the citizens of Eritrea can obtain a Malawi eVisa as of November 2019. iVisa facilitates the online application process so that you do not need to put in too much effort. For further information, please take a look at the answers to the most frequently asked questions we put together below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa for the citizens of Eritrea are the same as for all nationalities. Here is what you must put together before you proceed to the application page:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The application process for a Malawi eVisa could not be simpler. Just access the application page and then fill in the form. There are two steps you have to go through. The first one asks for your basic information and to choose a processing time, while the second requires you to handle the payment and review your form so that there are no mistakes. When you are finished, submit your application, and iVisa will finish the rest. Please remember that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support if you need any help. The service is entirely free of charge.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
That's up to you. As far as the processing speed of your application is concerned, you are free to pick from three options. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 Business Days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 Business Days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
Not necessarily. The cost of a Malawi eVisa is determined by how soon you want your travel document to be ready. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay for your eVisa. The prices for each option, which already include the service fee, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Malawi eVisa is 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
With a Malawi eVisa, you can stay in Malawi for up to 30 days Per Entry.