The citizens of Estonia who are planning a trip to Malawi are no longer required to go to the nearest Malawian embassy to apply for a visa. Malawi adopted the electronic visa system and as of November 2019, Estonian citizens can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. If you choose iVisa as your visa service, the online application process is nearly effortless. If you are interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa, the answers to the most frequent questions below should be of assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa are easy to meet. Chances are that you already have some of the necessary documents and information. What you need are the following:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The online process of acquiring a Malawi eVisa is quite straightforward. Once you gather all of the above, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. There are two steps you have to go through. The first one focuses on general information and processing speed. The second wants you to cover the payment and make sure that there are no mistakes in your form. After you do all that, you can click on the submit button, and you are done. iVisa takes it from there.
iVisa provides customer support 24/7 and is entirely free of charge. Remember that, if you need assistance along the way.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
The timeframe in which your eVisa arrives depends on the choice you make regarding the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 Business Days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 Business Days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
Not really. Besides, the amount you are charged for a Malawi eVisa depends on which choice you make regarding the processing time of your application. As you can imagine, the faster you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The Malawi eVisa remains valid for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
When you travel to Malawi with a Malawi eVisa, your stay is limited to 30 days Per Entry.