As an Ethiopian citizen, you no longer need to go to the Malawian embassy to get a visa when you decide to travel to Malawi for tourism or business purposes. As of November 2019, the citizens of Ethiopia can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. With iVisa's help, you can get the travel document you need in very little time with minimal effort. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa, you should take a moment and read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page, you have to make sure that you meet the requirements for a Malawi eVisa. However, as you are about to see, the list is not very long, and you may already have some of the items on it. This is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The online process of obtaining a Malawi eVisa is not complicated. After you gathered the necessary documents and information, all you have to do is fill in the form. That is an easy task as well, but if you have questions or concerns, you can contact iVisa's customer support 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The application form consists of two easy steps. The first one requires you to give your personal information and some details about your trip. You must also choose a processing speed for your application at this point. The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully review your form. Once you are done, you can submit your application, and that is it.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
Your application is processed in the timeframe of your choosing. To that effect, iVisa gives you three options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
Not at all. Plus, you must remember that the cost of a Malawi eVisa is established when you choose a processing speed for your application. Therefore, the sooner you expect your eVisa to arrive, the more you are charged for it. The prices can be seen below and include service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The Malawi eVisa remains valid for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa allows its holder to stay in Malawi for no more than 30 days Per Entry.