As of November 2019, Finnish citizens who decide to travel to Malawi for tourism or business purposes no longer have to go to the nearest Malawian embassy. That is because the citizens of Finland qualify for a Malawi eVisa, which is available online. With iVisa, you can get this travel document with minimal effort. To know more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. In fact, you may already have some of the necessary documents and information. If not, rest assured that they are easy to acquire. You need the following:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
As soon as you gather all of the above, you are ready to proceed to the application page. There, you will find an online form that consists of two steps. The first one requires your basic information, and you must choose a processing speed for your application. In the second, you will need to make the payment and review your form so that there are no errors. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
Just in case you need some help or have some questions, bear in mind that iVisa's customer support is available 24/7 and is free of charge.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
That depends on you. When it comes to the processing speed of your application, you get three options so that you can choose the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
No. But what you have to remember is that the cost of a Malawi eVisa depends on the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you want your application to be processed, the more you will spend. Here are the prices for the three options:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
Service fees are already included.
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa ensures a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.