As a French citizen, you do not have to get a standard visa from a Malawian embassy if you wish to travel to Malawi. Why? Because the citizens of France are eligible for a Malawi eVisa, and that is available online as of November 2019. With iVisa's guidance, you can get the eVisa you need with very little effort. In case you are interested in finding out more about the Malawi eVisa and how to obtain it, the answers to the most frequently asked questions below should clear up a few things for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
Below, you will find a list of requirements for a Malawi eVisa, and as you are about to see, there is nothing difficult to acquire on it. In fact, some of the documents and information may already be on hand. Here's what you need:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Once you have everything necessary, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. What you will notice is that iVisa has divided the form into two steps. The first one requires general information and for you to choose a processing time for your application. The second wants you to submit your payment details and to review your form. You have to make sure that all the provided information is 100% accurate. Once you finish, you can submit your application, and the Malawi eVisa will be in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe of your choosing.
If you need help or have questions regarding the application form, do not hesitate to reach iVisa's customer support. The service is available day and night, and there is no charge.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
That is up to you. iVisa provides you with three processing speed options for your application, so that you can choose the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 Business Days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 Business Days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
Not really. Besides, you should know that the price of a Malawi eVisa is determined by how fast you want it to arrive. The quicker the processing, the higher the amount. The prices can be found below and already include the service fee.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The Malawi eVisa maintains its validity for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay of no more than 30 days Per Entry.