If you happen to be a citizen of the French Southern Territories, know that if you want to travel to Malawi anytime soon, you can apply for a Malawi eVisa. The document is available online, which is why you can skip the trip to the Malawian diplomatic mission. With iVisa's help, the online application process will be as easy as it can get. Read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below if you wish to learn more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need for the online application process?
When you apply online for a Malawi eVisa, you will not need to put in too much effort. You must, however, make sure that you meet the requirements. That should not be a challenge either, since the list is not long. Here is what you must have at hand for the online application process:
- Passport - before you begin the online application process, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the arrival date in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - when you apply for a Malawi eVisa online, the document you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We advise you to have a hard copy on you when you leave for Malawi just in case there are system failures that do not allow for a soft copy to be verified.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Once you have everything necessary to apply for a Malawi eVisa, you can go ahead and fill in the online application form. You should be done in just a few minutes, but if you need help, iVisa's customer support can be contacted 24/7 at no charge.
The application form we are talking about has two simple steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time, while the second requires you to cover the payment and review your form. Submitting an application that has errors will lead to an invalid visa, so make sure to avoid that. When you are finished, click the submit button, and that is it.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to arrive?
Not at all, actually. Besides, iVisa gives you a chance to choose the timeframe in which your eVisa is ready. You get three options so that you can make the best possible decision for yourself. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa is ready within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is reviewed within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes just 5 days for your application to be processed
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
It varies. The cost of a Malawi eVisa is determined by the processing speed you choose for your application. Naturally, the slower the processing, the cheaper the cost. The prices for all available options can be seen below and already include the service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa enjoys a validity period of 90 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa ensures a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.