Malawi recently adopted the electronic visa system, and as of November 2019, more than 200 nationalities became eligible for it. Consequently, as a German citizen who wants to take a trip to Malawi, you are not required to get a consular visa because the citizens of Germany also qualify for a Malawi eVisa. Using the services provided by iVisa means that you are going to enjoy a fast and smooth online application process. To find out more about the Malawi eVisa, please take a look at the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need for the online application process?
Before you begin the process of obtaining a Malawi eVisa, you have to ensure that you meet the requirements. Fortunately, all the necessary documents and information are easy to acquire. You may already have a few of them at your disposal. Here's what you need:
- Passport - before you begin the online application process, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the arrival date in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - when you apply for a Malawi eVisa online, the document you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We advise you to have a hard copy on you when you leave for Malawi just in case there are system failures that do not allow for a soft copy to be verified.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
You should have no issues going through the online process of getting a Malawi eVisa because it is not a complicated task. Once you have everything necessary, you can go ahead and fill in the online application form. If you need any help with it, iVisa's customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form is broken down into two steps. The first one is interested in your personal information, some details regarding your trip, and you have to select a processing time for your application. The second step consists of payment and revision. When you are done, click the submit button, and that is pretty much it.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to arrive?
Not at all. As to that, iVisa gives you three processing speed options so that you can choose one according to your specific needs. Here are what you can choose from:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa is ready within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes just 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
That depends. The cost of a Malawi eVisa depends on how quickly you want your application to be processed. So, when you choose the processing speed for your application, you also select the price. Here are the fees for all available options:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
Service fees are included.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa allows you to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Malawi.