In case you are interested in a trip to Malawi, as a Ghanaian citizen, you do not have to go to the nearest Malawian embassy to apply for a standard visa. That is because the citizens of Ghana are among the many nationalities that are eligible for a Malawi eVisa. The document is available online, and iVisa can help you apply for it with minimal effort. For further information about the Malawi eVisa, please take a minute to read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need for the online application process?
One of the first things you have to do when you decide to apply for a Malawi eVisa online is to make sure that you meet the requirements. The task at hand should not be a challenge because the list is rather short, and the items on it are almost effortless to acquire. Here is the list of what you must procure:
- Passport - before you begin the online application process, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the arrival date in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - when you apply for a Malawi eVisa online, the document you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We advise you to have a hard copy on you when you leave for Malawi just in case there are system failures that do not allow for a soft copy to be verified.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
You should not have any trouble applying for a Malawi eVisa because the application process is quite straightforward. Once you have everything necessary, you then need to fill in a form. Plus, if you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach iVisa's customer support service, which is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form we are referring to consists of two easy steps. The first one is interested in basic information, but it also asks that you choose a processing time for your application, while the second needs you to cover the payment and review your form. After that, you just click on the submit button, and that is it.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to arrive?
Not at all. Besides, it is essential to remember that iVisa presents you with the opportunity to make a choice as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. You get three options so that you can pick one according to your specific needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa is ready within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes just 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
That depends on the option you select concerning the processing time of your application. Keep in mind that the faster you want your Malawi eVisa to be ready, the more it costs. Here are the prices for all three processing options:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
Service fees are included.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay of 30 days Per Entry.