The citizens of Gibraltar who wish to take a trip to Malawi are no longer required to get a visa from the nearest Malawian embassy. Malawi adopted the electronic visa system, and as of November 2019, the citizens of Gibraltar can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. iVisa's purpose is to make the online application process as easy as possible for you. For more details about the Malawi eVisa, please consult the answers to the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need for the online application process?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa are not complicated to achieve. In fact, the list is quite short, and most applicants already have some of the documents and information on it. What you need for a successful application process are the following:
- Passport - before you begin the online application process, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the arrival date in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - when you apply for a Malawi eVisa online, the document you request is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We advise you to have a hard copy on you when you leave for Malawi just in case there are system failures that do not allow for a soft copy to be verified.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also takes PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
While the online process of getting a Malawi eVisa is straightforward, keep in mind that iVisa's customer support service is available 24/7 and free of charge. Do not hesitate to give us a call if you have questions or concerns.
Once you have everything from the list above, you have to fill in a 2-step application form. The first step needs your general information and for you to choose a processing speed for your application, while the second focuses on payment and revision. When you are finished, submit your application, and iVisa will take it from there.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to arrive?
You get to decide that. When it comes to the processing speed of your application, iVisa presents you with multiple options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. There are, in fact, three options:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa is ready within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes just 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa is not fixed. It depends on how fast you want your application to be reviewed. The quicker the processing, the more you have to pay. The prices, which include service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a Malawi eVisa?
With a Malawi eVisa, you can stay in Malawi up to 30 days Per Entry.