In 2019, Malawi decided to become one of the many countries that issue electronic visas. As of November 2019, approximately 200 nationalities became eligible for a Malawi eVisa. Chances are that you are among them as well, in which case iVisa can help you with the application process. If you are interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa, feel free to read the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Guamanian citizens apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Guam are eligible for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Before you begin the process of getting a Malawi eVisa, you have to put together a series of documents and information. That should not be a challenge because the list is rather short. Plus, the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is a list of what you are going to need:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Not at all. Once you have all of the above, you must fill in an online application form. Besides, iVisa offers 24/7 customer support if you need any help. The service is free of charge.
The form you have to go through is broken down into two steps. The first one needs your personal information, travel dates, and passport details, and you must also pick a processing speed for your application. During the second step, all you have to do is make the payment and carefully review your form so that it does not contain any errors. After you do all that, you can submit your application, and iVisa will send you your travel document in the selected timeframe.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. Just remember that it is you who decides how fast or slow your Malawi eVisa arrives. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
That depends. The cost of a Malawi eVisa is determined by your application's processing speed. So, the sooner you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you will pay for it. The prices can be seen below which already include service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
When you are holding a Malawi eVisa, you can stay in Malawi for a period that will not exceed 30 days Per Entry.