Are you interested in a trip to Malawi for tourism or business purposes? With only 33 visa-exempt nationalities, chances are that you must get a visa in advance. But there is good news as well. Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, and more than 200 nationalities have access to it. If you are among them, you are given the opportunity to apply for a Malawi eVisa online. iVisa's job is to facilitate the online application process for you. For more details, please consult the information we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Guatemalan citizens apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Guatemala are among the nationalities that can apply for a Malawi eVisa online.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
First, you have to meet the requirements for a Malawi eVisa, but that should not come as a challenge. Below, you will find a list of all the documents and information you need for a successful application process.
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Absolutely not. All you have to do is put together the requirements and then fill in an online application form. Keep in mind that if you need assistance along the way, iVisa's customer support is always at your disposal and does not have a fee.
The form you have to fill in consists of two steps. The first one asks for your basic information and to choose a processing speed for your request. The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form. It is crucial that all the information you provide is accurate and does not contain typos. After you are done, just submit your application. Your job ends there.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. But you are given a chance to decide on a processing speed that is most convenient for you. To that end, iVisa came up with three options:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
That depends. The cost of a Malawi eVisa remains the same, but the faster you want your travel document to arrive, the higher the service fee will be. Basically, each processing speed option comes with its own cost. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa remains valid for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa ensures a stay of not more than 30 days Per Entry.