Do you want to take a trip to Malawi? Then perhaps you would like to know that most nationalities must first obtain a visa. Nevertheless, since Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, chances are that you qualify for a Malawi eVisa, which can be acquired as a result of an online application process. iVisa can facilitate that process for you. For further details about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequent questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the citizens of Guernsey apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Guernsey qualify for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
We are pleased to inform you that the Malawi eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. You need to meet a few requirements, but that is usually an easy task since the list is short and the items on it are effortless to acquire. What you will need are the following:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Definitely not. iVisa created one of the most uncomplicated processes one can go through to obtain a Malawi eVisa. All you have to do is put together all of the above and fill in an online application form. You should also know that in case you need help, iVisa provides customer support 24/7. The service is free to use.
The form you have to complete has two steps. During the first one, you have to give your general information and choose a processing time for your application. The second step asks that you make the payment and review your form so that you can make sure that the provided information is accurate. When both steps are complete, submit your application, and you are done.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. Plus, it depends on which choice you make regarding the processing speed of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can receive your travel document at your earliest convenience. Your choices are:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa is variable. It depends on how soon you want your application to be processed. Needless to say, the faster the processing, the more money you spend. The prices for each option are listed below, and they already have service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa keeps its validity for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay of 30 days Per Entry.