Do you wish to travel to Malawi in the future? Then you should know that most nationalities need a visa in advance. Only 33 nationalities are exempt for a trip no longer than 90 days. However, since Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, you are most likely eligible for a Malawi eVisa. The document is available online, and iVisa can assist you with the application process. In case you are interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process, we advise you to read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the citizens of Guinea-Bissau apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. According to the visa policy of Malawi, the citizens of Guinea-Bissau qualify for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa are easy to meet. Below, you will find a list of all documents and the information you will need for a successful application process. Some of them may already be in your possession. Here is a list of what you must put together:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Not even a bit. After you manage to gather the documents and information on the list above, all you have to do is fill in an online application form. iVisa created a simple form, and you should be able to spend just a few minutes completing it. However, if you need help, reach out to iVisa's customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form has two steps. The first one asks for general information about yourself and your trip, and you have to make a decision regarding the processing speed of your application. The second step requires that you review your form and cover the payment. When you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. Since not all applicants have the same needs, iVisa decided to provide you with three processing speed options for your application. That way, you can choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
Not much. Just bear in mind that the cost of a Malawi eVisa varies depending on the processing speed of the application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your application to be reviewed, the more your travel document costs. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The validity of a Malawi eVisa is 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
A Malawi eVisa permits you to stay in Malawi up to 30 days Per Entry.