If you decide that you want to travel to Malawi for tourism or business purposes, keep in mind that most nationalities must apply for a visa in advance. Only 33 nationalities are visa-exempt. At the same time, know that Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, and if you are eligible, you have the option of applying for a Malawi eVisa online. iVisa's purpose is to facilitate the online application process for you. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Guyanese citizens apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The visa policy of Malawi states that the citizens of Guyana can apply for a Malawi eVisa online.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Before you start the process of obtaining a Malawi eVisa, you have to make sure that you have everything necessary to apply. That should not be too hard since the requirements are relatively easy to meet. What you are going to need are as follows:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Not at all. Once the requirements are met, all you have to do is fill in an online application form. iVisa has created a simple form so that you do not need to spend more than a few minutes on it. And if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact iVisa's customer support service, which is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you must go through consists of only two simple steps. The first one covers general information and processing time, while during the second, all you have to do is handle the payment and make sure that the provided information is correct. Right after you are done, you can submit your request. That is it.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not exactly. What is essential to remember here is that iVisa is well aware that applicants have different needs, which is why you have three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you are free to pick the one that is most convenient for you. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
It depends on the processing speed you select for your application. The sooner you expect your Malawi eVisa to arrive, the more you are charged for it. The prices can be found below. Service fees are included.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa remains valid for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
When you go to Malawi with a Malawi eVisa, you can stay there for not longer than 30 days Per Entry.