Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019. So, if you are interested in taking a trip there anytime soon, you should check if you are eligible for a Malawi eVisa. Chances are that you can apply for one, since more than 200 nationalities qualify for it. If you want, iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you so that your effort is minimal. In case you are curious to find out more about the Malawi eVisa, you should take a look at the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Haitian citizens apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Haiti, like many other nationalities, qualify for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
You should not require too much time to ensure that you meet the requirements for a Malawi eVisa because the list is rather short. Besides, most applicants already have most of the items on it. Here is what you need to prepare for a successful application process:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
No. Once you have everything you need, all that remains for you to do is to fill in the application form. It consists of two steps, and you should not spend more than a few minutes going through them. The first needs your personal information and wants you to select a processing time for your application. The second step asks that you insert your payment details and review your form so that it does not contain any inaccuracies. As soon as you are finished, you can hit the submit button. iVisa handles the rest.
Please keep in mind that if you need any help with your application form, you can reach iVisa's customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. However, you have to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. To that effect, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa is directly proportional to the processing speed of your application. The faster you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
Please note that the service fees are already included in the prices below.
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The validity of a Malawi eVisa is 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
A Malawi eVisa allows its holder to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Malawi.