If you are interested in going to Malawi in the future, perhaps you would like to know that most nationalities that choose Malawi as their destination are obligated to get a visa in advance. Fortunately, Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, and more than 200 nationalities have access to it. So, chances are that you qualify for a Malawi eVisa as well. iVisa can help you get through the online application process with as little effort as possible. You should read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below if you want to know more about the Malawi eVisa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the citizens of Heard Island and McDonald Islands apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Heard Island and McDonald Islands are eligible for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Most people have no issues in meeting the requirements for a Malawi eVisa because there are not many of them. Here is a list of what you must have for a successful application process:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
No. iVisa created a simple and efficient application process so that you do not waste too much time on it. Once all the requirements are met, you must fill in an online application form. It has two easy steps. The first one requires you to offer your general information and to pick a processing speed for your application. The second asks that you cover the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain any mistakes. Then, you hit the submit button, and you are finished.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
It takes as long as you choose. To satisfy all needs, iVisa created three options regarding the processing speed of the application. That way, you can receive your travel document exactly when you need it. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa depends on your application's processing speed, which as we already established, you get to choose. Naturally, the faster the processing, the greater the charge. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
With a Malawi eVisa, you cannot stay in Malawi for more than 30 days Per Entry.