Whether you want to travel to Malawi for tourism or business purposes, one thing is for certain: you may have to get a visa before departure, unless you are among the 33 visa-exempt nationalities. However, since Malawi adopted the electronic visa system in 2019, you may be eligible for a Malawi eVisa. If that is the case, iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. If you are interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa, we invite you to take a look at the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Hungarian citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The visa policy of Malawi allows the citizens of Hungary to obtain a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
The requirements you have to meet in order to obtain a Malawi eVisa are not out of the ordinary. You will have to gather a few documents and some information, but they are usually easy to acquire. What you need is listed below.
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
The online application form created by iVisa could not be more straightforward. It consists of two steps, and you should spend just a few minutes going through them. Moreover, if you require assistance, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. The service is free to use.
The first step of the application form asks for your personal information, passport details, and travel dates. You are also required to select a processing speed for your application. The second step requires you to provide your payment details and review your form so that you can make sure that you do not submit incorrect information. Once you are through, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa handles the rest.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
Not necessarily. The thing you have to remember about the processing speed of your application is that you are provided with multiple options. That way, you can choose one that best fits your needs. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 Business Days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 Business Days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 Business Days
What is the cost of an online application process?
The Malawi eVisa does not have a fixed cost. It depends on which choice you opt for regarding the processing speed of your application. The prices for all three options are listed below and include the service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The validity of a Malawi eVisa is maintained for 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
With Malawi eVisa, you can remain in Malawi for a maximum of 30 days Per Entry.