Do you want to take a trip to Malawi in the future? According to Malawi's visa policy, only 33 nationalities are exempt from getting a visa. As long as you do not find yourself among them, you will have to acquire a visa in advance. Fortunately, Malawi is one of the many countries that have adopted the electronic visa system. If it happens to be eligible, you can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. With iVisa's help, your effort in the application process will be minimal. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa, you should read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Icelandic citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Iceland are among the numerous nationalities that are free to apply for a Malawi eVisa online.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
Before you begin the process of obtaining a Malawi eVisa, you have to put aside a few documents and information that are necessary for a successful application. But, as you will see, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
As soon as you acquire everything necessary, you have to fill in the online application form. Completing it is a matter of minutes, but if you have questions or concerns, you can always contact iVisa's customer support. The service is reachable non-stop and is free of charge.
The form you are required to fill in is broken down into two steps. During the first one, you have to provide general information about yourself and your trip and to select a processing time for your application. The second step consists of payment and revision. It is important to check the form for mistakes so that the eVisa you receive is not invalid. Then, all you have to do is to submit your application. iVisa takes care of the rest.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
No. iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. As a result, you are at liberty to make a choice according to your personal needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 Business Days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 Business Days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 Business Days
What is the cost of an online application process?
That depends. The cost of your Malawi eVisa will be less when you pick the slowest processing time option than when you choose the fastest. The quicker you want your request to be reviewed, the more you are charged. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa comes with a validity of 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
When you travel to Malawi with a Malawi eVisa, your stay cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.