Are you planning to take a trip to Malawi? Then one of the first things you have to check is if you need a visa in advance. With only 33 visa-exempt nationalities, chances are that you do. But we are pleased to inform you that Malawi has adopted the electronic visa system, and as of November 2019, about 200 nationalities can apply for a Malawi eVisa. iVisa's job is to help you with the online application process so that you do not struggle with the specifics. You should read the information below to learn more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Indian citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of India happen to be among the many nationalities that have access to a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
In order to be ready for the process of getting a Malawi eVisa, you have to procure a few documents and some information. However, you will notice that the list is rather short and that the items on it are easy to acquire. What you must have on hand for a successful application process are the following
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
The application form created by iVisa consists of two steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing speed, while the second requires that you make the payment and ensure that your form does not include any errors. The review is more important than you think. When you are done, submit your request, and iVisa will do the rest.
While the application form for a Malawi eVisa is not complicated, mind that iVisa provides customer support 24/7 if you need any help. The service is free of charge.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
Not at all. However, remember that you have some degree of control over the timeframe in which your Malawi eVisa arrives. iVisa gives you three processing speed options, and you can choose the one that works best you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 days
What is the cost of an online application process?
It depends. The faster you want your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you, the more you are charged for it. The prices can be found below.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
Service fees are included.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
If you travel to Malawi holding a Malawi eVisa, your stay is limited to 30 days Per Entry.