Traveling to Malawi means that you are most likely required to get a visa in advance. Most nationalities do. However, you will be pleased to learn that Malawi adopted the electronic visa in 2019. As a result, most nationalities can now apply for a Malawi eVisa online. iVisa is here to help you with the online application process so that it does not take you too much effort. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa, we recommend that you take a look at the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Indonesian citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. As of November 2019, the citizens of Indonesia can apply for a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
For a smooth online application process, we recommend that you first gather everything that is required for a Malawi eVisa, and then proceed to the application form. The list is not too long, and you may already have some of the items on it. What you need are the following:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
The online application form designed by iVisa could not be simpler. It has two steps, and you should be able to complete it in just a few minutes. And if you need assistance, iVisa's customer support is ready to jump in 24/7. The service is free of charge.
During the first step, all you have to do is fill in the blanks with general information about yourself and your trip, and you are also asked to decide on a processing speed for your application. The second step requires you to make the payment and carefully review your form so that no mistake goes uncorrected. All that remains for you to do at that point is to submit your application, and you are done.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
No. But what you should know is that iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing speed of your application. That way, you are able to choose the one that best suits your needs. What you can pick from are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 days
What is the cost of an online application process?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa is not fixed. The quicker you want your application to be processed, the more you are charged. The prices for all available processing options are listed below. The service fees are already included.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa is valid for 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay up to 30 days Per Entry.