If you decide that you want to take a trip to Malawi for business or tourism purposes, one of the things you should know is that most nationalities need a visa to cross the Malawian borders. However, the good news is that Malawi introduced the electronic visa system in November 2019, and a lot of nationalities have access to it. So, if you qualify, you have the option of obtaining a Malawi eVisa. With iVisa, the online application process will be a piece of cake. To learn more about the Malawi eVisa and the application process, please read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Iranian citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Iran, like many other nationalities, can apply for a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa should not be challenging to meet. All you need are a few common documents and some information. They are as follows:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
Once you have everything you need, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the application form. You should spend only a few minutes on it because it is quite short, but if you need assistance, iVisa's customer support is there for you 24/7 with no charge.
The form has two steps. The first one handles general information and processing time, while the second expects you to cover the payment and review your form so that the provided information does not include any mistakes. Then, all you have to do is submit your application. iVisa takes care of the rest.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
Not at all. However, keep in mind that it is up to you to decide the timeframe in which your application is processed. That is because iVisa gives you three options to choose from:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 Business Days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 Business Days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 Business Days
What is the cost of an online application process?
It depends. Basically, the sooner you want your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you, the more you will have to pay. The cost of the visa itself is the same, but the service fee increases with the processing speed. Here are the price options:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
The service fees are already included.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa has a validity of 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa grants a stay of not more than 30 days Per Entry.