Do you want to travel to Malawi? Then the first thing you have to do is check and see whether you need a visa in advance or not. According to Malawi's visa policy, most nationalities must obtain one, except for 33 countries. Even so, you will be glad to learn that Malawi has an electronic visa system in place, and as of 2019, more than 200 nationalities can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. With iVisa, you will find that the online application process could not be more straightforward. For more information about the Malawi eVisa, please take a look at the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Irish citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. Together with many other nationalities, the citizens of Ireland can get a Malawi eVisa online.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa are not challenging to meet. In fact, chances are that you already have some of the documents and information you need, which are as follows:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
That it is simple and short. For your benefit, iVisa broke down the application form into two easy steps. The first one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, and to choose a processing speed for your application. During the second step, you have to handle the payment and review your form. Then, just submit your application, and you are done. iVisa will take things the rest of the way for you.
While you should not find the application form complicated to deal with, iVisa provides customer support 24/7 at no charge. You should reach us if you need help or have questions.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
No. In fact, you are given the opportunity to decide on a processing speed option for your application according to your specific needs. iVisa presents you with three excellent options:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 days
What is the cost of an online application process?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa is not fixed. The bottom line is that the faster you want your application to be reviewed, the more you are charged for your travel document. The prices for all available options are listed below which already include the service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa maintains its validity for 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
When you travel to Malawi with a Malawi eVisa, it is possible for you to stay there not more than 30 days Per Entry.