Are you in the process of planning a trip to Malawi? You should first check if you need a visa. Most nationalities do. However, you should be aware of the fact that Malawi introduced the electronic visa system in November 2019, and chances are that you are eligible for a Malawi eVisa. If that is the case, know that iVisa prepared an online application process in which your effort is close to non-existent. If you want to know more details about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process of getting one, you should take a look at the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Italian citizens eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. Like so many other nationalities, the citizens of Italy qualify for a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
As you are about to learn, the requirements for a Malawi eVisa are not difficult to meet. In fact, the list is rather short, and most applicants already have some of the necessary documents and information. You may too. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
iVisa created a short and straightforward online application form so that you do not need to spend more than a few minutes completing it. It consists of two steps. During the first one, you need to provide your basic information and to choose a processing speed for your application. The second step asks that you handle the payment and review the information you provided so that you can make sure that there are no mistakes. When you are ready, submit your application, and you are done. iVisa does the rest.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
Not at all. But please note that you are in charge of the timeframe in which your application is reviewed. That is because iVisa gives you three processing speed options for your application. It is your job to select the one that best suits your needs. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 days
What is the cost of an online application process?
The amount an applicant is charged for a Malawi eVisa varies depending on the processing speed of the application. It goes without saying that the quicker you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you are going to have to pay for it. The prices are listed below. Service fees are already included.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The period of validity of a Malawi eVisa is 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
When you hold a Malawi eVisa, your stay in Malawi cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.