If you happen to be a citizen of Jersey and you want to travel to Malawi for business or tourism purposes, know that the citizens of Jersey are among the many nationalities that are eligible for a Malawi eVisa. So, instead of going to the nearest Malawian embassy to apply for a visa, you can obtain it online, and iVisa is ready to jump in and help you with the online application process. Are you interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa? Then we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What must I prepare for the online application process?
The requirements for a Malawi eVisa are a piece of cake to put together. All you need are a few documents and some information, but they should not be a challenge to acquire. Here is list of requirements:
- Passport - you should take a look at your passport's expiry date and make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - you will receive your Malawi eVisa via e-mail in PDF format. It is recommended that you print it out before departure just in case your soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The online application process of getting a Malawi eVisa is not at all complicated. In fact, you should be done in a matter of minutes. Plus, if you need assistance or have concerns, you can reach iVisa's customer support service 24/7 at no charge.
There are two steps you have to complete. The first one is interested in your personal information, passport details, and travel dates, but you also have to make a choice regarding the processing speed of your application. Moving on to step number two, you have to cover the payment and review your form. Then, all that remains for you to do is to submit your application. That is it.
How long does it take for my Malawi eVisa to be sent to me?
That is something you get to decide. iVisa gives you the possibility to choose a timeframe that best suits your needs. You get three options regarding the processing speed of your application:
- Standard processing time - you have to wait 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes only 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa varies depending on the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you want to receive your travel document, the more you are asked to pay for it. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa, and has a validity of 90 days after issued.
How much time do I get to stay in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
As a Malawi eVisa holder, you are permitted to stay in Malawi for not longer than 30 days Per Entry.