Are you interested in a trip to Malawi? Then you should know that as a Kuwaiti citizen, you must obtain a visa in advance. The great news is, however, that the citizens of Kuwait are eligible for a Malawi eVisa. Malawi decided to implement the electronic visa system in November 2019, and now, you can skip the trip to the Malawian embassy. If you want, iVisa can provide assistance with the online application process. You should take a moment and read the information below if you want to learn more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What must I prepare for the online application process?
As you can imagine, a Malawi eVisa implies that you have to meet a few requirements. Even so, you should not find this task to be a challenge. The list is not extensive, and all documents on it are quite common. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Passport - you should take a look at your passport's expiry date and make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - you will receive your Malawi eVisa via e-mail in PDF format. It is recommended that you print it out before departure just in case your soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. Once the requirements are met, you must proceed to the application page to fill in the form. There are two steps you have to go through. Step number one is interested in your general information, but you also have to pick a processing speed for your application, while step two requests your payment information and you will need to review your form. After you do that, you can submit your application, and that is it. iVisa handles the rest.
Keep in mind that iVisa's customer support is available non-stop and free of charge, just in case you have questions or need help.
How long does it take for my Malawi eVisa to be sent to me?
You decide that. iVisa created three options regarding the processing speed of your application. That way, you are free to choose the one that you are most comfortable with. Here are your options:
- Standard processing time - you have to wait 8 Business Days for your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 Business Days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes only 5 Business Days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
The cost of a Malawi eVisa depends on the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your request to be processed, the more money you will have to spend on your travel document. The service fee increases with each option. The prices for all three choices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa, and it keeps it validity for 90 days after issued.
How much time do I get to stay in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
When you travel to Malawi holding a Malawi eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry.