As a Latvian citizen, if you are planning a trip to Malawi, you need a visa in advance. However, you will be pleased to know that the Malawi eVisa went live in November 2019, and the citizens of Latvia are eligible for one. iVisa can help you obtain it with minimal effort. If you are interested in learning more about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process, you should take a couple of minutes and take a look at the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What must I prepare for the online application process?
The online process of getting a Malawi eVisa online is not demanding at all as far as requirements go. You will need a few documents and some information, but you may already have them at your disposal. If not, they should be pretty easy to acquire. Here is a list of what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Passport - you should take a look at your passport's expiry date and make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - you will receive your Malawi eVisa via e-mail in PDF format. It is recommended that you print it out before departure just in case your soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Most people find the online application process easy. But first, bear in mind that iVisa's customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge. If you need assistance or have questions, do not hesitate to reach us.
Once you meet the requirements, all you have to do is fill in the online application form. It has two steps, and you should finish in just a matter of minutes. The first step requires your personal information, passport details, and travel dates. Choosing a processing time for your application is also necessary at this point. The second step requires you to insert your payment details and to review your form so that you do not submit inaccurate information. Once you do that, click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
How long does it take for my Malawi eVisa to be sent to me?
That depends. When you use iVisa as your visa service, you are given three options regarding the processing speed of your application. That way, you can choose your travel document to arrive at your earliest convenience. You are given the following options:
- Standard processing time - you have to wait 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes only 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
It depends on the processing speed of your application. Since you are given three timeframes in which your Malawi eVisa can be ready, there are three available prices:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
The service fees are added.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa, and it expires 90 days after issued.
How much time do I get to stay in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
With a Malawi eVisa, you can spend not more than 30 days Per Entry in Malawi.