As a Laotian citizen, if you intend to take a trip to Malawi, you are no longer required to go to the nearest Malawian embassy to apply for a visa. That is because Malawi adopted the electronic visa, meaning that the citizens of the People's Democratic Republic of Laos can now apply for a Malawi eVisa online. The online application process is quite straightforward, and iVisa can help you go through it with minimal effort. For further information about the Malawi eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What must I prepare for the online application process?
As far as the requirements for a Malawi eVisa are concerned, you should not struggle with putting everything together. Some of the documents and information below may already be at your disposal. What you are going to need are as follows:
- Passport - you should take a look at your passport's expiry date and make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - you will receive your Malawi eVisa via e-mail in PDF format. It is recommended that you print it out before departure just in case your soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure.
- Means of payment - you can pay with a credit or debit card, but iVisa also accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
The online process of getting a Malawi eVisa is short and uncomplicated. iVisa can help you every step of the way if you need help. Our customer support service is available non-stop and free of charge.
Once you gather all of the above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should be done with it in just a few minutes. There are two steps you have to complete. The first one wants your general information and for you to select a timeframe in which your application is reviewed, while the second asks for your payment details and to review your form. All the information you provide must be 100% accurate and correctly spelled. Otherwise, you will receive an invalid eVisa. After you finish, click on the submit button, and that is it.
How long does it take for my Malawi eVisa to be sent to me?
That's up to you. When using iVisa's services, you are at liberty to pick a processing speed option for your application. That way, you can receive your travel document precisely when you need it. Your options are:
- Standard processing time - you have to wait 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to be sent to you
- Rush processing time - your application is ready within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - it takes only 5 days for your application to be processed completely
How much does it cost to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
It depends on which choice you make regarding the processing speed of your application. The quicker you want your application form to be processed, the more you are charged. The prices for all available choices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
The service fees are already added to the prices below.
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 90 days after issued.
How much time do I get to stay in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay of up to 30 days Per Entry.