Are you planning a trip to Malawi? Then you should know that as a Faroese citizen, you do not have to get a visa from the nearest Malawian embassy. That is because Malawi adopted the electronic visa system, and the citizens of the Faroe Islands are among the eligible nationalities for a Malawi eVisa. You can easily apply for one online, and iVisa is here to assist you with the application process. To find out more details about the Malawi eVisa and the online application process, please take a look at the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for a Malawi eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Malawi eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, most applicants already have some of the necessary documents and information. Perhaps you do too. Here is what you will need:
- Passport - all applicants must hold a valid passport that keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - you have to make sure that the picture follows all the guidelines of a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - applying for a Malawi eVisa means that your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that have at least one hard copy on you just in case there is a system failure and the soft copy cannot be checked.
- Means of payment - iVisa is flexible, which is why you can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are valid methods of payment as well
How do I apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Applying for a Malawi eVisa online is as easy as can be. Once you have everything necessary on hand, all that is left for you to do is to fill in the online application form. The form created by iVisa is broken down into two steps. The first one needs general information and for you to choose a processing time for your application, while the second focuses on payment and revision. When both steps are done, submit your application, and that is it. iVisa will handle the rest.
Keep in mind that if you need any help with the application form, iVisa's customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
How long must I wait for my application to be reviewed?
You get to decide the timeframe in which your travel document arrives. That is because iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. That way, you can opt for the one that best fits your individual needs. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing time - your Malawi eVisa arrives within 8 days
- Rush processing time - your application is processed within 7 days
- Super Rush processing time - you only have to wait 5 days for your travel document to be ready
Is it expensive to apply for a Malawi eVisa online?
Not exactly. What is important to know is that the cost of a Malawi eVisa is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing speed you select for your application. The prices for all available options are listed below and include service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
How long is the Malawi eVisa valid for?
The validity period of a Malawi eVisa is 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry visa, or does it ensure multiple entries?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Malawi when traveling with a Malawi eVisa?
When you travel to Malawi holding a Malawi eVisa, you are permitted to stay up to 30 days Per Entry.