Traveling to Malawi implies a visa application process. Since only 33 nationalities are exempt, all the others need one to cross the Malawian borders. However, in 2019, Malawi joined the countries that have adopted the electronic visa system. Consequently, if you are eligible, you can skip a trip to the embassy and apply for a Malawi eVisa online instead. That is something iVisa can help you with. For more information about the Malawi eVisa, please check out the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can citizens of the Holy See apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. According to the visa policy of Malawi, the citizens of Holy See are eligible for a Malawi eVisa.
What documents and information do I need to apply for a Malawi eVisa?
Most people will not find it difficult to meet the requirements for a Malawi eVisa because the list is short and the items on it are generally easy to obtain. What you will need are the following:
- Passport - make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Malawi
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - the picture must meet the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - after your application is approved, the Malawi eVisa is sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. You should have a hard copy on you just in case the soft copy cannot be verified due to system failure
- Means of payment - iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
Is the online application process for a Malawi eVisa complicated?
Not in the slightest. The first step is to meet the requirements, but after that, you have to fill in an application form. It should take you just a few minutes, and if you need help, iVisa's customer support can be contacted via online chat or phone non-stop. The customer support service is free.
The form is divided into two stages. During the first one, you have to provide your personal information along with some details about your passport and your trip. This is also the moment when you have to select your application's processing time. The second stage requires you to make the payment and check your form for mistakes. Then, all you have to do is click on the submit button. That is pretty much it.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe you choose. iVisa gives you three processing speed options so that all your needs are met. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 days for your Malawi eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing time - you must wait 7 days for your application to be processed completely
- Super Rush processing time - your travel document is ready within just 5 days
How much does it cost to obtain a Malawi eVisa online?
Not much. Just do not forget that the cost of a Malawi eVisa depends on the processing speed of your application. The prices for all available options are listed below and contain the service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity period of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa maintains its validity for 90 days after issued.
Is the Malawi eVisa a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time am I allowed to spend in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa covers a stay of not more than 30 days Per Entry.