The planning process of a trip to Malawi includes a simple check to see if you are required to get a visa in advance. Since most nationalities need one, chances are you do, too. The good news, however, is that Malawi introduced the electronic visa system in November 2019, and now, about 200 nationalities can apply for a Malawi eVisa online. If you find yourself among them, iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with little to no effort. The answers to the most frequently asked questions below should cover all the information you need to know about the Malawi eVisa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the citizens of the Isle of Man eligible for a Malawi eVisa?
Yes. Like plenty of other nationalities, the citizens of the Isle of Man are eligible for a Malawi eVisa.
What must I prepare for the online application process?
For the process of getting a Malawi eVisa to run smoothly, you must first gather everything necessary and then proceed to the application page. Here is a list of what you must prepare:
- Passport - according to Malawi's visa policy, the passport of the applicant must remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival
- A passport scan of the information page
- A digital photo - keep in mind that the picture must follow the guidelines for a valid passport photo
- E-mail address - the Malawi eVisa you apply for will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print a hard copy just in case of system failure that prevents the verification of a soft copy.
- Means of payment - you can use a credit or debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well
What should I know about the online application form?
When you are ready, you can go to the application page to fill in the application form. Most people spend only a few minutes completing it. But remember that if you need assistance, iVisa's customer support can be reached 24/7 at no charge.
There are two steps you have to go through. The first one concerns general information and processing time, while the second requires you to cover the payment aspect and to review your form. It is incredibly essential that you do not submit incorrect information. After you submit your application, iVisa takes care of the rest.
Do I have to wait long for my Malawi eVisa to be ready?
Not at all. Nevertheless, bear in mind that it is you who chooses the timeframe in which your Malawi eVisa arrives. That is because iVisa provides you with three options regarding the processing speed of your application:
- Standard processing time - it takes 8 Business Days for your Malawi eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing time - you have to wait 7 Business Days for your request to be ready
- Super Rush processing time - your eVisa arrives within just 5 Business Days
What is the cost of an online application process?
It depends on how soon you expect your Malawi eVisa to arrive. The faster the processing speed of your application, the higher the cost. Below, you will find a list of all available prices, which already include the service fees.
- Standard - USD 77.00
- Rush - USD 102.00
- Super Rush - USD 127.00
What is the validity of a Malawi eVisa?
The Malawi eVisa expires 90 days after issued.
How many entries does a Malawi eVisa ensure?
The Malawi eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Malawi with a Malawi eVisa?
As a Malawi eVisa holder, you are permitted to stay in Malawi up to 30 days Per Entry.