If you are traveling to Malawi, you might need an e-visa before you are allowed into the country. Fortunately, iVisa makes it easy for you by removing the need to deal with the Malawi embassy.
When you are completing the application for the Malawi e-visa, you will be prompted to choose one of three processing speeds: standard, rush, and super rush. The processing speed you choose will dictate the price that you pay for your e-visa. The prices listed below include the price of the e-visa and any processing fees.
- Standard Processing: E-visa applications processed at the Standard Speed will cost a total of USD 77.00.
- Rush Processing: E-visa applications processed at the Rush Speed will cost a total of USD 102.00.
- Super Rush Processing: E-visa applications processed at the Super Rush Speed will cost a total of USD 127.00.
Now that you know what price you will need to pay for your e-visa, let's learn more about the visa requirements for Malawi.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Know If I Need a Visa to Travel to Malawi?
The country of Malawi requires that every citizen of the countries not included on the list of visa-free countries must apply and be approved for a visa before being allowed to enter the country. Countries whose citizens are given visa-free access to the country of Malawi are as follows:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Hong Kong, China
- Northern Ireland
- Samoa (Western)
- South Africa
- St. Kitts Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Will I Need a Printed Copy of My e-Visa?
No, you are not required to print your e-visa to gain entry into Malawi. However, we recommend printing a copy anyway, in case there are any issues with technology.
What Is the Time Frame for Processing?
As stated earlier, there are three processing speed options available for the Malawi e-Visa:
- Standard Processing: Application will be processed in 8 Business Days
- Rush Processing: Application will be processed in 7 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: Application will be processed in 5 Business Days
Can Malawi e-Visas Be Used for Multiple Entries?
Your Malawi e-visa can be used for a Single Entry.
How Long Until My e-Visa Expires?
- The Malawi e-visa expires 90 days after issued after it has been issued to you.
Expired visas are not accepted as valid travel documents. If you arrive at the port of entry with an expired e-visa, you risk being fined, deported, or arrested. If your e-visa has expired, please begin a new application to prevent any complications at the port of entry.
What Are the Time Restrictions of the Malawi e-Visa?
The Malawi e-visa is only valid for stays up to 30 days Per Entry.