Featured on

Malaysia visa for Bhutanese

Malaysia visa for Bhutanese
iVisa | Updated on Nov 16, 2018

Electronic visas have become more and more accessible, and most countries issue one. Malaysia is one of those countries, and while there may be just a few nationalities that can apply at the moment, inevitably the list will become lengthened shortly. It is the natural course of things. At this point, only citizens of Bhutan, Bangladesh, China, India, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Serbia, and Sri Lanka have access to a Malaysia evisa, so if you have another country of origin, you still need to go to an embassy for your visa.

Alt Text

A particularity that needs to be addressed is that there are two types of documents that will allow Bhutanese to apply online. Firstly, there is the evisa, which will be discussed below, and then there is the Malaysia eNTRI (electronic travel registration and information.) The latter has been designed to facilitate tourism by allowing a 15-day stay period for all travelers, and it can only be obtained by people who hold an Indian or Chinese passport.

What documents you need to provide?

If you find that you are eligible for a Malaysia evisa, you can go on and apply online using the services of iVisa. However, Bhutanese will need to provide a few things to help them get started. Here is what you need to provide:

  • Passport – to apply for a Malaysia evisa, Bhutanese need a passport, which is pretty easy to get. If you already hold a passport, you need to make sure that it keeps its validity for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Malaysia.

  • A passport photo – the photo you need has to meet all the criteria for a passport photo (white background, no face gestures, etc.)

  • A copy of your passport’s main page – that is where all the information is located.

  • Return flight ticket with e-ticket number – this requirement applies only to Indian citizens.

  • Travel itinerary

  • Proof of accommodation – a hotel confirmation or letter from a host should be more than enough

  • Birth certificates for minors – only if you travel with your minor children

  • E-mail address – iVisa will send you a copy of your visa via e-mail in PDF format, so make sure that you insert a valid address.

  • Means of payment – you can use a credit or a debit card, and if you have a PayPal account, you can use that too.

Processing time and visa fees

The cost of your visa depends on two things: the type of the visa and the processing time. As for the latter, iVisa have come up with three excellent options that are meant to satisfy every Bhutanese need and pocket. They are as follows:

  • Standard processing – choosing this option means that your application will be processed within three business days, and it will cost you $65.70. It is the cheapest option you have for a 30-day visa.

  • Rush processing – this time, your visa will be ready within just 2 business days, but you will be charged more. It costs $95.70.

  • Super Rush processing – if you want your application to be processed within just one business day (you have an emergency, or you are in a hurry) you can choose this option. As you can expect, this is the most expensive processing time. You will be billed $115.70.

The cost of a 14-day visa is a bit lower. If Bhutanese choose the eNTRI, they will be charged $46.50, $76.50, and $96.50 respectively. However, the processing time is shorter as well. Bhutanese application will be processed within 24 hours, 12 hours, and 1 hour respectively.

The application process is straightforward. Bhutanese should be done with it in less than 20 minutes, and if you need any help with it, iVisa provides excellent support. The three steps of the form are easy to go through, and you should have no issues with it.

The Malaysia evisa is valid for 90 days from issue, and Bhutanese can stay in Malaysia for maximum 30 days. The eNTRI allows only 15 days. Both types allow a single entry. However, keep in mind that the Malaysia eNTRI is accepted only at a few points of entry. You can find the list on iVisa’s website. If you choose another point of entry, you need to get a consular visa.

Share this article on
Need Help?