Learn More: eNTRI Visa
MALAYSIA IS OPEN: Malaysia re-opened for tourism on April 1st, 2022.
In March 2017, the Government of Malaysia introduced the Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) facility, which allows citizens from India to visit Malaysia for up to 15 days in total.
WHO CAN ENTER MALAYSIA WITH THESE DOCUMENTS
The Malaysian eNTRI eVisa is available to nationals of India. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online payment is completed. The document must be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
OBTAIN THE MALAYSIA eNTRI EVISA
The major advantage of the eNTRI visa is that travelers can receive the document in just one hour using Super Rush processing offered by iVisa.com. The eNTRI visa does not require a formal review by the Malaysian government and is issued automatically to travelers who meet the visa requirements.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Present the eNTRI eVisa to the authorities upon arrival. We recommend printing out a copy to have on hand as well as keeping the digital copy that we will deliver to you by email.
Required Documents to Apply
- Passport with at least 6-months of validity
- Credit/debit card for payment
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Digital copy of passport bio page
- Travel itinerary
- Return flight ticket with E-Ticket number
- Hotel reservation or invitation letter from your host
- Birth certificate for minors (if applicable)
- Work or residence permit if living abroad.
The eNTRI visa is only available to Indian nationals.
eNTRI visa must be obtained at least 48 hours prior to departure.
The Malaysia eNTRI allows stays for a maximum of 15 days in Total.
The eNTRI visa is valid only for one single entry (you need to re-apply each time you want to visit Malaysia).
Proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
Each traveler’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
You are only allowed to apply for the eNTRI visa once every 3 months.
Indian nationals residing in India must have a round-trip ticket to India. The flight can be direct or via Singapore, Thailand, or Brunei only.
Indian nationals living outside of India need a roundtrip ticket to their country of residence AND a valid working or residence permit from their country of residence.
Travelers are ONLY permitted to enter and exit Malaysia via 9 airports: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Penang International Airport, Langkawi International Airport, Melaka International Airport, Senai International Airport, Kuching International Airport, Miri International Airport, Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Labuan International Airport and 6 land-ports: Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Padang Besar Checkpoint, Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint.
The following documents are required to be presented upon arrival at Malaysia’s Entry checkpoints:
Confirmed Tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia
Sufficient expenses (Cash/Credit Cards/ATM Cards)
Complete travel Itinerary
Proof of accommodation
NOTE: Please remember that the Government makes decisions based on a case-by-case basis and we can not guarantee the approval of your Malaysian eNTRI Visa.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malaysia?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Malaysia. Now if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to show a COVID test nor to follow a quarantine.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Malaysia travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need a COVID-19 test to visit Malaysia?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR or antigen test within 48 hours for unvaccinated travelers.
- COVID test after arrival: RAT test within 24 hours after the arrival for unvaccinated travelers.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 18 and fully vaccinated travelers.
Are there any quarantine requirements for travelers to Malaysia?
- Quarantine requirements - partially/unvaccinated travelers: 5-day quarantine.
- Quarantine exemptions: Travelers under 18 and fully vaccinated travelers.
What is the Malaysia eNTRI visa?
What do I need to apply for a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
We require the following to submit your application:
Current passport scan (valid for at least 6 months after estimated entry into Malaysia)
Passport photograph of the applicant (taken within the last 6 months)
Travel Itinerary showing flight details (confirmed return flight ticket)
Proof of accommodation (hotel booking)
Birth certificate (for underage children)
Please note: The Malaysian government may require additional documentation. We will inform you ASAP if this is the case.
What is the cost to obtain a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
The cost of a Malaysia eNTRI visa is USD 21.50.
Additionally, there is a service fee that varies according to the processing time you choose:
Standard Processing: USD 35.00
Rush Processing: USD 65.00
Super Rush Processing: USD 85.00
How long does it take to process a Malaysian eNTRI visa?
- Standard Processing: 24 hours
- Rush Processing: 4 hours
- Super Rush Processing: 1 hour
How long is a Malaysia eNTRI visa valid for?
How long should be the validity of my passport be before applying for the eNTRI visa?
Can I apply for multiple eNTRI visas at the same time?
When should I apply for the eNTRI visa?
Can I apply for an eNTRI 24 hours before departure?
What is the advantage of a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
How long can I stay in Malaysia with an eNTRI visa?
Which nationalities are eligible for the eNTRI visa?
What are the Yellow Fever Vaccination Rules for Malaysia?
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Burkina Faso
- St Kitts & Nevis
- Central African Republic
- Sao Tome & Principe
How soon can I apply for another eNTRI visa if I have already received one?
Can I apply for my eNTRI visa from Singapore or Malaysia?
What documents do I need to present when I enter Malaysia?
- Your eNTRI visa printout
- Sufficient funds (cash/ travellers cheques/debit or credit cards) to cover expenses during your stay at Malaysia
- Return flight ticket
- Proof of accommodation (Host invitation letter/Hotel Booking/Airbnb booking, Booking.com Confirmation etc)
Are there any restrictions or special requirements for minor children applying for the eNTRI visa?
What languages are accepted for my required documents? Is it OK if my documents are in Chinese?
If my itinerary changes after the eNTRI is issued, do I have to apply for a new one?
Does the eNTRI to Malaysia guarantee entry into the country?
Do I need to apply for an eNTRI to Malaysia before arriving?
I am an Indian national working/residing in another country. Are there any special requirements?
Learn more about Malaysia Tourism
Where can I read more?
- MALAYSIA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- Malaysia Visa for Indians - Electronic Visa for Indian Citizens
- PCR Testing in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Malaysia Visa Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Malaysia?
- Malaysia eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- MALAYSIA ENTRI VISA FEES AND COST
- What happens if I overstay my Malaysia Visa?
- Updated Information for Malaysia Visa Extension
- THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION ENTRI NOTE
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR BANGLADESHI
- Malaysia visa for Sri Lankan
- Malaysia visa for Serbian citizens
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR NEPALESE
- Malaysia visa for Myanmar
- Malaysia visa for Bhutanese
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR ETHIOPIAN CITIZENS
- Malaysia eNTRI visa requirements
- Malaysia ENTRI visa photo requirements
- Malaysia eNTRI meaning
- Malaysia ENTRI for Indian citizens
- Malaysia Visa for Chinese
- Malaysia visa for Montenegrin
- How to do a Malaysia immigration ENTRI note check
- Malaysia Visa | Transit eNTRI and e-Visa
- How to get a Malaysia ENTRI online
- Can I get a Malaysia ENTRI visa online?
- Tips for visa to enjoy Malaysia