Learn More: Tourist eVisa
In March 2016, the government of Malaysia introduced the e-Visa program for travelers wishing to enter Malaysia. Travelers simply fill out an online application that enables certain foreign nationals to apply for an electronic visa to enter Malaysia. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment is completed.
The Malaysian e-Visa is available to nationals of China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Serbia,Pakistan and Montenegro. All visa applications are reviewed by the Government of Malaysia.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport with at least 6 months of validity
Credit/debit card or PayPal account for payment
Recent passport-sized photo
Copy of passport main page
Return flight ticket with E-Ticket Number (Indian nationals who want to apply online)
Birth certificate for minors (if applicable)
Work or residence permit if living abroad (Not required to apply, but may be asked for when entering Malaysia).
If staying with a friend/relative, you must provide a cover letter which includes the following information addressed to an immigration officer: name and passport number, name and address of friend/relative, scanned ID of the friend/relative, and dates of travel.
Bangladesh citizens may be required at immigration to show a supporting document like a passport or residence permit from the US, UK, Ireland, or Schengen countries.
The e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. Its holder is entitled to stay up to 30 days Per Entry to Malaysia.
Chinese living in China cannot apply.
We recommend travelers apply for the e-Visa at least 2 weeks prior to their departure to Malaysia.
Each traveler’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the planned date of entry.
Applicants must be citizens of China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Serbia or Montenegro.
Your approved visa must be printed on letter-sized paper (color or black and white) from your e-Visa account. This important e-Visa document must be presented upon arrival in Malaysia entry and exit checkpoints. A digital visa is not accepted.
You are not permitted to apply for an e-Visa if you are currently located in Malaysia or Singapore.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
We require the following to submit your application:
- Scan of your passport (Valid for at least 6 months after entry into Malaysia)
- Passport photograph of the applicant (Taken within the last 6 months)
- Travel Itinerary showing flight details (confirmed and returned flight ticket)
- Proof of accommodation
- Birth certificate (for underage children)
- If staying with a friend/relative, you must provide a cover letter which includes the following information: Addressed to the Immigration Officer, Name and passport number, Name and address of friend/relative, Scanned ID of the friend/relative and Dates of travel.
Note: The government may require additional documentation after submission, which we will inform you of if this is the case.
- Standard Processing Time: 6 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 4 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
- Your e-VISA printout
- Sufficient funds (Cash/ Travellers Cheque/Debit or Credit Cards) to cover expenses during your stay at Malaysia
- Return flight ticket
- Proof of accommodation (Host invitation letter/Hotel Booking/Airbnb booking, Booking.com Confirmation etc)
- China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, Serbia and Montenegro
You can use the following as the example:
Dear Immigration Officer,
My name is [Your Name] and my passport number is [Passport #].
I will be visiting Malaysia between the dates of [Start date] and [End date].
I will be staying with [name of host], who is my [relation of host] and currently resides in [host address].
On a case-by-case basis, the Malaysian Government may request a traveler to have a personal interview at the nearest Malaysian Embassy.
This does not happens very often, but we will notify you of all the details regarding the interview should it be required.
Details that we will send you by email regarding your interview will include:
- VENUE: Malaysia Embassy XXXX
- ADDRESS: XXX
- CONTACTS: XXX
- Phone Number : XXX
- Email : XXXXX@xxx.gov.my
- Interview Session: DATE & TIME
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
- Malaysia eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- Malaysia Electronic Visa for Indian Citizens
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR BANGLADESHI
- Updated Information for Malaysia Visa Extension
- MALAYSIA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- MALAYSIA ENTRI VISA FEES AND COST
- What happens if I overstay my Malaysia Visa?
- Malaysia visa for Sri Lankan
- Malaysia visa for Serbian citizens
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR NEPALESE
- Malaysia visa for Myanmar
- Malaysia visa for Bhutanese
- MALAYSIA VISA FOR ETHIOPIAN CITIZENS
- Malaysia eNTRI visa requirements
- Malaysia ENTRI visa photo requirements
- Malaysia eNTRI meaning
- Malaysia ENTRI for Indian citizens
- Malaysia Visa for Chinese
- THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION ENTRI NOTE
- Malaysia visa for Montenegrin
- How to do a Malaysia immigration ENTRI note check
- Malaysia Visa | Transit eNTRI and e-Visa
- How to get a Malaysia ENTRI online
- Can I get a Malaysia ENTRI visa online?
- Tips for visa to enjoy Malaysia
- Select the country to which you are requesting the visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions carefully.
- Select Apply Now
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using a Visa Card, Mastercard or other debit card.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the e-Visa from your account.
- Present your printed e-Visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
We know that our applicants can come across unexpected changes in their travel plans that may prevent them from traveling and therefore getting their visa. This is why we understand you may want to request a cancellation of your visa application and a credit for the amount paid. However, we will only approve the refund/credit if it follows our Refund policy guideline:
- If your application has not been reviewed by our team, nor submitted to the government for approval, then you will receive a credit for the full amount of the iVisa processing fee and government fee(visa cost).
- If your application has been reviewed by our team but has not yet been submitted to the government for approval, you will receive a credit for the full amount of the government fee (visa cost).
- If your application has been submitted to the government for approval or a visa is already issued, unfortunately, no credit is available.
Our policy also applies to these circumstances:
- If we make a mistake on your application, a 100% refund of the iVisa processing fee will be issued and we will process your visa again at no cost.
- If you purchase rush or super rush processing additional fee and we do not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a credit for the iVisa rush or super rush processing fee.
- If you miss your trip because iVisa does not deliver the travel document within the agreed timeframe, you will receive a full cash refund for the government fee and iVisa processing fee.
- The exception to the clause above is if the government is the cause of the delay or your arrival date was sooner than our super rush processing time. In such case, you will receive a credit for the iVisa processing fee.
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with our services, please feel free to contact us. Under reasonable circumstances, we will grant a credit of the iVisa processing fee to be used for a future order.
Because you simply deserve to get the most from your travel experience.
Now more than ever, the process of traveling has become a bit more complicated than what it used to be. As countries keep changing their regulations, paperwork keeps growing, and so do everyone’s stress levels.
For now, travel might feel different in several ways. People can expect to explore a world of face masks, social distancing, closed businesses, and 14-day quarantines.
Even so, iVisa.com firmly believes that traveling is one of the top ways to improve on personal and professional levels. Traveling makes you step out of your comfort zone and develop a sense of independence that will ultimately reflect on your decisions and the way you look at life in general. Traveling is indeed a form of education that can’t be learned by watching television or reading a book. It teaches important lessons and insights regarding cultures and traditions, touching the realms of history, economics, and geography and exposing you to different lifestyles and worldviews from your own. For life’s real education always happens outside your own four walls.
If you’re planning to travel soon, you’ve probably googled whether borders are open, which papers you need to present, and where you have to go to obtain that inescapable travel document. Whether it’s an electronic visa or health declaration, your travel date is coming, and you still don’t know when you’ll spare the time to complete those lengthy steps and be done with the whole process.
As a multicultural visa expert team, we understand how frustrating this is, especially when you’re trying to plan the trip of your dreams, choosing a hotel that you can afford to make ends meet, prepare reachable trip goals, and list the places you could realistically visit this year just to stay inspired.
Sometimes too much paperwork becomes an obstacle to the realization of your dreams, and that’s where we come in.
We want you to go out and buy that plane ticket, so everything else turns out to be an incredible adventure. Just don’t overthink it and let us take care of the rest. No busy lines at the airport, no queues at the embassy. Just a five-minute questionnaire that you can fill out from the comfort of your own home or anywhere in the world.
Your time is priceless, and so are the experiences you’re able to create when there’s enough of it. The reason to choose iVisa.com to process your travel document rests on that, but also on safety, speed, and simplicity.
Our tourist-friendly application process is fast and easy to fill out, making dealing with foreign governments a breeze. Clear instructions guide you every step of the way, and our team of immigration experts thoroughly reviews all documents before submitting them to the corresponding authorities.
Should you have any questions or doubts, both our call and message centers are ready to help you 24/7, so you can fully enjoy your trip and forget about the worries and frustrations of applying for a visa.
Depending on how quickly you need your travel document, you can select one of three processing options. However, some documents are available within hours, depending on the requirements. We will let you know right away if there are any issues with your application that require you to provide or adjust any further information, so we can issue your travel document as soon as possible.
When it comes to safety, we maintain the highest standards. Our top-notch data centers and innovative methods to secure our customer accounts and information mean you never have to worry about your sensitive information getting lost or falling into the wrong hands.
Our years of experience at processing travel documents have translated into thousands of positive reviews from satisfied users all over the globe, making iVisa.com one of the most trusted independent travel agencies for helping you obtain the travel documents you need to make your trip a success. So, why pay iVisa.com to process your travel documents then? To understand why time, distance, and valuable experiences are the secret ingredients of a more fulfilling life, which cannot be attained by sitting at home.
Experiences define you. It is from experiences that you learn and change. Traveling will provide you with plenty that will open your mind and help you adapt to any situation.
Make the most out of your time and turn it into travel experiences by processing your electronic documents with iVisa.com. You won’t regret it.